Sunday, August 24, 2008

Made some progress, but not so much with studies

Before jumping into the Head First book, I decided to wind down my involvement with another project, so that I would have more time to study. This took a little longer than I would have liked, but it is done now, and I can move forward with my studies much faster.

I only got a little ways into Chapter 2 before my eyes got heavy and I started yawning every minute or so. So I am winding down for the night now.

I will say that there are times where my prior experience with both web sites, and blog makes me want to skip some of the material, but I am forcing myself to read it because it does reinforce my understanding of the material. Also actually entering the code in an editor such as Notepad Plus really helps in learning the syntax.

I have used a WYSIWYG editor such as Kompozer in the past, and have looked at the HTML source and made sense of most of it, but building by scratch definitely helps build a good foundation.

Well I am off to catch some Zs.

No comments: