Monday, August 25, 2008

Finished chapter 2!

I just finished Chapter 2 of Head First HTML with XHTML & CSS! It was still pretty basic stuff, but I did learn a lot, especially the "href" attribute, and directory structure for web sites.

Using a WYSIWYG editor, and browsing the W3 Schools: HTML Tutorial, I had some understanding of how to create links, but the book went a little farther than my previous experience, and now I have a better understanding.

As for directroy structure I think one of the first things I will do with my own sites is create a decent directory structure and replace the blob of files I currently have online. Chapter 2 showed me the error of my ways.

I will start up with Chapter 3 later tonight, but before that I need to take care of some job search stuff, and read then next chapter in the Apache/MySQL/PHP crash course book.

I will say that the Head First book with it's interactive format does get one thinking. I have never been big on writing in books, especially working out exercises, but this book is breaking me of that habit. So much so that the book will be trashed by the time I am done and in this case that is a good thing.

No comments: