Sunday, January 25, 2009

Touching base - 01/25/09

Other than the same old stuff I really haven't had much to post about here lately. Besides looking for work, and reading my web design books, I've also been surfing through some interesting articles, a few of which I have listed below:
  • 'Digital Dark Age' may doom some data: Given my background in storage and in vintage computing, I found this to be a very thought provoking article. This issue is not just about archiving the data and insuring it stands the test of time, but also making certain that the technology to retrieve the data doesn't itself become lost.
I am hoping that the Geeks Who Care blog and groups will help other geeks like me in networking with other geeks, and finding volunteer gigs. Hopefully by helping others we geeks can help ourselves.

No comments: