Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time for a little re-org.

Today while I was right in the middle of sending out a cover letter and resume one of the computers in my SOHO network started to growl.

It turns out that the fan in the power supply was dying, fortunately for me I had a spare power supply from another Dell GX 200.

While things turned out OK, it did get me thinking that I need to STILL simplify my SOHO network, and set up a more robust back up and recovery plan that what I currently have. So over the next few weekends, I will be retooling my systems.

Other than the growling GX200 everything else has been plugging along. I have given up watching the news because I cannot afford letting it get to me and get me down. To be honest I have been pretty positive about my my job search and progress in other areas.

It would be nice if I could get out of the house more, but I have to keep costs down and stay focused.

Hopefully if you are a regular reader of this blog you have checked out the Geeks Who Care Blog. It's a little side project of mine that I created to help other computer geeks out there find volunteer opportunities. If you do check it out and have some thoughts or suggestions, drop me a line and let me know.

Cheers ~ Jim

No comments: