Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday fun: A mini road trip, and two movie trailers.

I am going to try a little something different for this weeks Friday Fun, so I hope you enjoy it.

I'm still stoked from last week's road trip out to Cape Flattery (see previous post), so I thought it would fun to post some pictures from another little road trip I took later in the week as well as include the trailers from two movies that help inspire my sense of wanderlust and road tripping.

First off here are some shots I took on a short jaunt on Chuckanut Drive (Bellingham to Burlington).

Chuckanut DriveChuckanut DriveChuckanut Drive

(Here are the links to the rest of the album and to a map of the route I took)

Next is a trailer from 1971's Two-Lane Blacktop featuring James Taylor, Warren Oates, and Dennis Wilson:



Finally there is this trailer from Vanishing Point which is also from 1971, and features Barry Newman as "Kowalski". Even though I consider the clip fairly tame you may want to consider it Not Safe For Work:



Please don't get the impression I drive anything like that shown in these clips because if I did drive that fast and furious then I would miss all the great scenery.

Have a great weekend ~ Jim

No comments: