Monday, December 01, 2008

Working on a new plan and trying to stay positive.

I was able to get in a little decompression in over the holiday weekend along with quiet time to think about where I go from here. Getting laid off sucks, especially twice in one year, and getting laid off sucks even more if it's during the holidays.

I cannot let myself get down, nor am I blaming anyone, it's just a fact of life given the economy. I just have to focus on staying positive, and I know I can do this if I focus on my studies and several creative projects I have had in the back of my head for some time. This will help me get past the holidays, and I can move forward.

I have been expanding scope of the Urbanspelunkers blog, and will start reworking of the site this week. There are articles planned for the Cloudymidnights blog, several of which are focused on resources for visually impaired astronomers.

As for the studies, I need to finish up Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML, then move forward with some more advanced web design books, along with starting up C# studies.

I am still flushing out my long term plans, but regardless of where I finally decide to go, I know it will the right move for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post and thanks so much for linking to my blog. I just noticed it this morning. :)

All the best!

- Clinton Skakun

MIBA51 said...

Hi Clinton,

Thanks for the comment. I found your blog a few months back, and I think it's a great resource for people like me who are just starting out in web design.

Hopefully I can find some sort of work in the field, but it's tough in this economy. Keep in touch and keep up the good work on your blog.

-Jim